After many tenuous rounds of nominations and voting and after hours of arguing amongst myself, I present the mid-point awards for the Explore Alaska course. Drum roll please....
(Also, some awards are given in jest, so hopefully nobody is offended. I really enjoyed everyone's blogs and especially like all the personal stories and pictures included, which makes it difficult to choose something like Best in Show or Best Writing. So I decided to avoid that altogether and give my own - a mix of serious and humorous.)
Although almost all the blogs have made great use of pictures, Bill-Alaska Geoscience wins the Best Inclusion of Pictures Award for his personal photos and using them to a great effect explaining his content.
Our next award ended up in a three way tie. At first, it seemed like a shoo-in for Dave's Explore Alaska blog, but then a few clicks later and Hanson's Climate Page came along. After resigning myself to having co-winners, an unexpected third winner came in the form of Woven Ideas and Practices. So this year we have a three way tie for the coveted Best Picture of a Dead Animal on The Front Page Award.
Our next award goes to EUUC 58025 and that is for the Blog With the Best Layout, But Title That Sounds Most Like A Science Fiction Movie or a Dewey Decimal Tag. This blog also gets the Best Typo That Ended Up Getting The Blog a Made Up Award From Someone With Too Much Free Time Award.
Finally, the Kobuk River Valley People blog gets the distinction of being the only blog that I got an "adults only" warning for - I'm not sure what triggered such a disclaimer, but I made sure to read the whole thing just to make sure. And then I read it again, just in case I missed something...
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a great approach ... and the drum roll has class!
ReplyDelete